Tuesday, February 5, 2013

So That's How A Magnitude-4.5 Earthquake Feels Like

A "strong" earthquake of tectonic origin hit mid-afternoon yesterday.

I was crossing the street when it struck. I had one foot up, about to step onto the sidewalk, when I felt the ground move under me. I nearly lost my balance and fell backwards onto incoming traffic.

I thought nothing of it at the time because I had been feeling out of sorts since Sunday. It was only when I saw a large crowd of high school and college students milling about on the streets and causing traffic that I figured something big must have happened.

Turns out it was a magnitude-4.5 quake.


I just realized that for years I lived in Marikina. Now I'm here. What is it with me and these earthquake-vulnerable areas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMPORTANT: Please be mindful of this blog's Comments Policy when posting your comments.