Monday, March 28, 2011

Like A Talking Heads Song

Soon-to-be TV cooking show host Sharwin Tee, relating his inauspicious culinary start:
But the actual cooking wouldn’t start until maybe when I was 12 or 13. When I was like 10 or 11, I had wanted to start cooking but I was afraid that I would burn myself. So I told the household cook to do this or do that; so I was like a backseat chef.

And then on one occasion I decided I wanted to start. We had this leftover meal that we wanted to heat up in the oven. I turned the oven on, without lighting up the pilot light. So the gas was just starting to leak out, and it exploded. I almost burned the house down. …
Don't worry, future viewers, he has greatly improved since.


ST's interview appeared in yesterday's The Manila Times Sunday Magazine. It can also be found here (albeit with fewer pictures than the paper edition, I was told).

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMPORTANT: Please be mindful of this blog's Comments Policy when posting your comments.