Friday, December 31, 2010

Tibibord In A.D. 2010

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I got a fauxhawk.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
To R+K a little star was born.

Did anyone close to you die?
Close close, none (knock on wood). Distant close (you know what I mean), author Robert B. Parker.

What countries did you visit?
None in real life.

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Speed reading and/or touch typing skills.

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
10 May – For the first time in a long while, our immediate family was complete.

18 June – The Los Angeles Lakers won their second straight NBA championship.

21-22 August – My best weekend in 2010. Starting this year I will remember August 21 for a happy event and not as "the day Ninoy died." August 22 was a dope "Bang! Bang!" Sunday.

30 September – The Ateneo de Manila Blue Eagles won their third straight UAAP championship.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it past 11:59:59 PM of 31 December 2010 with life and limb intact.

What was your biggest failure?
I couldn't make the schedules work.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, and I have scars to prove it.

What was the best thing you bought?
A pre-loved (pre-loved daw, o) hardcover first edition of A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes by Stephen Hawking.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family.

Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
I can't think of anyone who appalled me and made me depressed. But change that and to an or

Where did most of your money go?
Medicine. Public transport.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The handful of times family and friends went up the mountain.

What song/s will always remind you of 2010?
"Ang Huling El Bimbo." NU 107 signed off for good this year, and that E-Heads song was the FM station's (second to the) last song.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. Happier or sadder? Happier, kasi mababaw ang kaligayahan ko.
b. Thinner or fatter? I now need to wear a belt with my jeans so yeah, thinner.
c. Richer or poorer? It's a push.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sports or fitness activities.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Getting sick.

Did you fall in love in 2010?
No.

What was your favorite TV program?
It's a toss-up between NCIS and the UAAP Season 73 basketball telecasts.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. That being said, there were things in the news that made me go, "Hmm, Chapter Eight, Title Ten, Book Two of the Revised Penal Code would be good right now."

What was the best book you read?
Edith Hamilton's Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes. Prior to 2010 I've only read parts of it, and that was way back in college.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Katy Perry and her hook-filled songs. That may or may not be so sad.

What did you want and get?
Bragging rights courtesy of my favorite sports teams.

What did you want and not get?
More trips to Bicol and/or Metro Manila. Also, black leather shoes.

Favorite film of this year?
If that means "film that came out in 2010," it would be an easy choice since I only saw two, and I'm not not picking Iron Man 2.

If that means "film that I saw in 2010," it would be Star Trek.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I ate my own weight in spaghetti and fried chicken ('Lamat, TnB). And I'm still on the calendar.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had been able to make the schedules fit.

What/who kept you sane?
Out of necessity, me, myself, and I. Of course, it would've also been me, myself, and I who was responsible for any insanity in the first place.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I will only mention three or we'll be here all day: Kat Dennings in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Kristen Stewart in Adventureland, and Kaley Cuoco in The Big Bang Theory.

Who did you miss?
Family and friends in the lowlands.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Being ill sucks balls.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star…"

The most touching experience you’ve had this year?
I was asked to be a godparent, which fulfilled a half-forgotten—and most likely, drunken—college promise.

What did you hate most about yourself this year?
My maƱana habit.

What did you like most about yourself this year?
In early November I quit one of my oldest vices. No relapse so far.

Was 2010 a good year for you?
It wasn't bad, ergo it must have been good.

[Hat tip to The Transplant.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMPORTANT: Please be mindful of this blog's Comments Policy when posting your comments.