Friday, October 3, 2008

Render Unto Ceasar

Last night I was outside my classroom reading the school paper when the Dean came up to me. "Mr. Tibibord," he said. Dean is one of my teachers this semester so out of habit I stood up. "Good evening, sir," I said. "You don't have a class?" "All done, sir." "You know, Mr. Tibibord, you answer well." My cheeks grew warm. "Thank you, sir," I said. "But you must improve your handwriting." "Sir? It's too late to learn new tricks. I'm old." "No, you can still change your handwriting." "Oh. Okay, sir. I'll try my best." "Devise a new handwriting," he said again, and walked off. It took me a while to process that brief exchange. Had I just been insulted, complimented, or both?

8 comments:

  1. hahaha. sison told me the same thing too, improve my handwriting. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumasa ka naman, so posible nga siguro i-improve ang handwriting. Will start with using bigger letters. Make it easier for the old guys checking my papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big. Loopy. Big. Loopy. Big. Loopy. Got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handwriting ba kamo? Nakita mo na ang sulat ko di ba? Madali lang ayusin yan. I-regalo ko pa sa yo kung may mahahanap pa ako dito non.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahooo. 'Lamat, Attorney. May pag-asa pa pala ako.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First he said you should "improve" it, then "change" it, tapos naging "devise a new" one. Hmm... Naglalambing lang 'yun. Hehehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pare-pareho naman import nung mga yun e: "Ampanget ng sulat mo, iho!"

    ReplyDelete

IMPORTANT: Please be mindful of this blog's Comments Policy when posting your comments.