Saturday, October 25, 2008

Project Real Mail: Light Bulb Moment

This past Wednesday there was a sudden shower at quitting time. I didn't have an umbrella so I decided to wait out the rain in SM. I ended up in Booksale; it's been a while since I adopted an orphaned book. Thirty minutes later I walked out with three: The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw, Small Vices by Robert B. Parker, and Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand. The total damage? Sixty-five pesos. I practically skipped my way out of there. When I opened the Parker book at home I found a sticker with the previous owner's name. There was also a Benicia, California address. It gave me an idea for a small project: write the previous owner. I intend to ask how the book ended up halfway around the world. Who knows, maybe the previous owner still lives at the same address. At best, I'll get a reply. At worst, I'll have material for a blog post or two.

2 comments:

  1. cool. it also makes good material for a screenplay-- make up a story about two people from across the globe finding each other... or better yet, a suspense thriller of a psycho stalker from a third world country wahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will stick to blog-writing and leave screenplay-writing to those more capable, haha. And I promise not to turn into a "psycho stalker from a third world country."

    ReplyDelete

IMPORTANT: Please be mindful of this blog's Comments Policy when posting your comments.