Friday, August 1, 2008

UAAP Season 71 Eliminations: Ateneo Game 6 Results

My team lost yesterday. Badly, too. They were up ten points early in the fourth but they were routed, 26-10, the rest of the quarter.
Rampaging Tamaraws hand Eagles first loss
Jasmine W. Payo
Philippine Daily Inquirer

The Far Eastern University Tamaraws’ phenomenal rise from adversity has left even coach Glenn Capacio bewildered.

The Tamaraws, still reeling from a team tragedy, rallied from 10 points down to stun the erstwhile unbeaten Ateneo de Manila University Blue Eagles in a pulsating 72-66 victory in the 71st UAAP season Thursday at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City.

“Hindi ko alam kung anong nangyayari sa team ko (I don’t know what’s happening in our team),” said an emotional Capacio after his Tamaraws halted the Eagles’ five-game winning run.

“I couldn’t say anything more about this team’s heart. I don’t know if it’s because of Macmac (Baracael), but I think it’s their own desire, they really wanted to win. They were diving for loose balls and even if we were smaller, they gave their best.”

Continued...

The only good thing is that I didn't actually see the game. Had I watched it I'd probably be more disappointed. But I had a class that started at the same time, so the choice was made for me.

I won't miss the next one this Sunday, though. Because so far this season, I've watched five games and they've won all of them. I'm the lucky charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMPORTANT: Please be mindful of this blog's Comments Policy when posting your comments.